ever run out of energy?

My daughter can play all day if u let her i get worn out an send her to her aunts or tell her to play with her toys i feel bad but i cant play alll day :)

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think most parents do- the kids zap our energy right from us! -LOL :) Seriously tho, their metabolisms are like rabbits, ours are more like sloths. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Honey don't feel bad you are not a walking talking toy. My 3 yo has a playroom in the "dining" room. When I am down stairs, doing whatever she plays in there, when I go upstairs she has her room and her sister's room to play in or the bath toys. She just follows me around playing with what ever is around her. Or she plays on the back porch (it is screened in and she can't reach the screen door handle) When she wants my attention she will come up with a toy or ask to be tickled. Don't feel bad, it is a good thing if a child learns how to entertain themselves. GL
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You don't have to play all day. As parents we have other resposiblities and just don't have the time and energy to play that much. I think it's good for a child to learn how to entertan themself, parents aren't always going to be there and playing with others can help them become more social. I don't think you are doing anything wrong
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My sister plays with my niece all the time and i honestly tell her all the time it isn't good for her. She should entertain herself half as much as she is played with. Just my opinion but i mean she isn't going to die from lack of one on one play time attention! This is what i tell her.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes I do, coffee is losing it's effect :(
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My daughter is literally non stop. We have to give her meletonin just so she'll sleep! Her developmental ped suggested the meletonin..anyway, YES, I get exausted. We take shifts with her.. I of course have her during the day, but when daddy gets home, it's my break time lol. Sounds bad, but it gets tiring.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011