Computer problem

I havfe a Dell Laptop (studio)and I'm running both internet explorer and firefox(it happens in both) and all of a sudden I'm havign problems with the sidebar and some drop downs. The bar just slides back to the original spot and the drop downs flicker but never appear for me to pick an item. This is driving me crazy. I have run my virus control and nothing. Does anyone know how I might fix it or what to look at?
Thanks

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Technology

• Don't use sidebars. It tends to pick up viruses, trojan horses and worse. And the other there are many for only one browser. So they are not compatible with certain browsers or certain version of the browser. Like an adobe reader crashes with Firefox 3.0. Probably you are having the same problem. Open the sidebar's page and read the requirement for the sidebar. Google on your problem. The internet are full of geeks who are talking about any single problem on their forums. Try it:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• techforum is good to go ask
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Not sure why you would run two browers - maybe that is causing a problem also.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011