Pulse rate

I went over to my local pharmacy and took my blood pressure and pulse rate. My bp was 126/66, which I think is okay, but my heart rate was 110. Hubby took his, 140/79 with heart rate 69. So my question is...what is normal for heart rate? What can I do to lower mine if it is to high?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

go to this website.

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Resting heart rate is 60-100. I Googled it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think normal is in the 60-80bpm range. A resting heart rate of over 83 or 88 I think increases the risk of heart disease. But keep in mind that one reading at a store machine doesn't mean much.

The best way to lower your resting heart rate is exercise. Get your heart rate up for 30 minutes 3-5 times a week, and it will have an impact on your resting heart rate (as well as other health benefits, of course).

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• if you were walking around before having it taken, it would be higher than if you had been still.

Answer by a_brown23 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011