• In the Spotlight:

What was the last thing your child/children did to make you proud?

This is more of a bragging question but I don't care, we can all brag and be proud of others children! Be it little or a big achievement!

My 4 year old tried to open the door today for a lady on the street on the way back home from my mom's, I was just so darn proud of him. (it was too heavy for him...)

What about you guys?

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 4:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• She got up in the middle of the night and went potty BY HERSELF, not crying, not asking for mom and dad's help, and went right back to bed.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my 3yr old sounding out words to read a book this morning.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ds had a pee accident, realized what he was doing and ran to the toilet to finish!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My dd is three.
    Recently when she can't reach something (light switch, toy on a shelf) she just goes and gets her little chair. "I can do it myself, mummy."
    She has also gotten pretty good with pouring orange juice into her cup without spilling anything.
    And the other day I was so out of it when I came home from work, that I layed down on the couch and closed my eyes for a bit (checked with my hubby first in case I really fall asleep) when all of a sudden she put something on my chest and said: "I made a bracelet for you, mom." She had sat down with her set of threads and colored pearls and made a little bracelet for me. She had never done that before, because she found it too difficult because of the tiny holes. I was so proud! It's way too small for my wrist, but I tied it to my purse I take to work everyday. And when I look at it, it makes me smile.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My 2 year old dd and I were upstairs, we have a very steep stairway and I asked her if she wanted help getting down because she usually gets scared on them, she said " No mommy I can do it myself" then she walk down holding the hand rail
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• How nice of him!!
    My oldest saw me balled up in bed (my stomach has been killing me) and he asked me if i'd like a cup of tea. I was like awwwwww.
    He said, " I can make your favorite, but I have to use the microwave mommy because you said we're not allowed to touch the stove."

I didn't let him make it but it was still such a sweet gesture.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My oldest let her sister play in her room. THey have been fighting for months now and this was a really sweet gesture.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My middle child made us a turkey dinner last week. He's such a good kid; I'm so proud of him.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 4:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We were in the truck and a rock and roll radio station was on, my 9 yr old said, This station is not a good station, they are not GODLY! Goming from a child that refuses to go to church.
    Penmom4

Answer by Penmom4 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my 5 year old went to her dad's house and he kept telling her that I am mean and a bad mommy. She said " no, she is a good mommy and she takes care of me all the time, not just when she wants to like you" I know this because he told me.....yeah I'm proud.
    Anonymous