what should I do?

On Friday me and dh called for a cab, and when it came there was already 3 other women in the cab. We were in a rush so we just took it. He went in the front and i went into the back. Now the backseat was pretty much full and there wasnt really any room left for me, when i tried to sit down, the driver tried to close the door and slammed the door on my hip. The door didnt close and just bounced back open. He did this like 3-4 times then the door finally closed. Later that day after dinner, I went to get up and I couldn't walk right. It is now sunday and I am still having hip pain and cant walk right. My mother gave me her opinion on what I should do, but I want to see what others would do. Please lmk, thanks.

jadeeyes07

Asked by jadeeyes07 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• If you're asking for my opinion, I would say take some Ibuprofen and not make that mistake again. LOL! Seriously.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• HAHA! Really? Maybe i'm just a beast, but after a dude hits me with a door once, he's not going to get another chance! lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'd go get an xray as soon as possible. If you knicked bone or something the longer you're walking on it you could be making it worse. Pain is a sign something isn't right. Is there bruising? It could be just soft tissue damage. Who knows. Oh, I know! A doctor does!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• m_avi - suppose she takes some pills and it helps mask the pain for the rest of today and tomorrow she cannot get out of bed? "I can't walk right" and 2 days of pain .... I am guessing she's already tried OTC pills. Most people wouldn't sit 2 days in pain without trying something. She didn't stub a toe. She injured her hip... they're very sensitive major joints.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• m-avi is an EMT/Paramedic. Without looking at the injury, I cannot diagnose anything. Simply stating, ME myself, I would take an Ibuprofen and NOT make that mistake again. It's up to her what SHE wants to do. Understand?? I do not have x-ray vision.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• what mistake was made? like she knew her hip was going to get slammed repeatedly? who chooses that, willingly?

if you'd been in pain and having trouble walking for 2 full days you'd have already taken OTC stuff, right? you wouldn't make the pain stay around over 48 hours, wreck your weekend, etc. If it still hurts after that, THEN an xray? You should know better than most, being an EMT, that pain is a system some kind of bodily upset.

I was in 3 ambulances in 2010. I really hope 2011 stabilizes my health but if it doesn't, sends only empathetic and knowledgeable paramedics to assist my family. Oy vey.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would go to the doctor and have it checked out by a professional if you are in that much pain. That's really all you can do, is have it treated. It sounds like you might have bruised the bone or done something similar. And I would never get into a cab with people already packed into it ever again!
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 4:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Again, it's an opinion. I cannot recommend she do anything. She is an adult, if she needs to go to ER, that is her choice. I, myself, would take an Ibuprofen and not make the mistake of getting shoved into a cab again. That's me. Of course, I would not go to the ER, Dr. or hospital unless I had to.

As an adult, the OP knows she has a choice to do what SHE needs to do. She is asking to see what others would do, if you read the last paragraph.

I, myself, would do as I said I would do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• take some Ibprophin if it is not better and you are still feeling pain I would go to the doc and in the mean time call the cab co and explain what happened and hope that they will pick up the bill..but time has lasped so you may want to be prepared that they may not
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011