• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else hate deer season?

I'm not even really sure how it works in other states, but this weekend is opening weekend to deer hunting season. Not that I don't want him to do something he enjoys, but he's having this guys' weekend while I'm sitting around feeling lonely. This year I've asked for my own vacation weekend and I'm going out of town also, but I know it will be hard to settle in for bed without him. Anyone else having that problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• my hubby takes all his vacation,the whole month of november.I hate it.Then turkey season,oh my gosh.I guess we just need to thank God,atleast that they are not out at bars,and cheating.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My husband does not hunt, or watch sports, or even go to his friend's houses. He is stuck up my butt farther than the children! While I love it that we are each other's best friends, I really wish he would get a hobby. Enjoy your alone time, Mama.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hehe, me and hubby hunt together, we actually took our daughter squirrel hunting with us when she was 3 months old in a backback. LOL We are a big outdoors family and do it together. Sorry, you don't hunt too!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I hate Deer season, squirrel season and coon season...........they all suck. I get about 1 month a year where he's not doing some kind of hunting, but then he's fishing!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• HA! I live in the middle of deer hunting COUNTRY!! We actually hunt out of our back yard.. People come from all over the state to hunt right down the road from where I live.. The ONLY thing I hate about it, is ALL of the traffic it brings by my house.. :D
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 8:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Call one of your friends and invite her over. Do a little pot-luck supper. Make it simple. Rent a chick flick and watch it together. Instead of feeling lonely, turn it into a fun week-end. You've got lemons--make some lemonade and enjoy yourself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I love deer season. Mmmmmm.... venison!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My husband hunts or fishes and take 1-2 ten-day trips a year. I'll tell you absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I'm pretty crazy about him the rest of the year anyway. But honestly, enjoy the time alone to do whatever you want...go see a movie (with or without a girlfriend), try new recipes, take a long bath...go shopping. Be yourself and enjoy the time.

Will also add that the last time my hubby went hunting and took our 2 boys (the 2 girls stayed home w/me),..he hiked about 2/3 of a mile each day to one particular spot where he could get a cell signal and made sure to call me :) Sure made me feel good that he cared and missed me enough to hear my voice every day!!

and I agree with Val504...I was married to a man before who stopped at the bar 2-3 times/week after work, and was always "coming home after 1 more..." That'll wear you down....
    tomsbride

Answer by tomsbride at 1:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008