when did you start getting your baby to sleep through the night

When did you move your baby out of your room and start to get them to sleep thru the night?

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd slept in her own room at 1month old! she slept all night from age 2months -5months then started teething! now we are back to all night at 11 months old! they will sleep on their own when they are ready to, u cant force it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my 17 month old son sleeps all night since he was like 6 month but i still keep him in my room
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• DS was about 5 weeks when we hit the 6 hour mark. DD was closer to 7 weeks before hitting that mile stone.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 6 months is when they started sleeping through the night. they were in their own room when they turned 3 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• she's been sleeping in her own room since day one. she's 5 months old now. started sleeping 9-11 hours straight through the night at 3 weeks. b4 that she woke up every 3 hours.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my son has always been in his own room and started sleeping thru the night at 10-12months
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My daughter started sleeping through the night around 18 months. She still wakes up if she's thirsty, but I don't count that as not sleeping through the night lol. I get up if I'm thirsty. From ages 2 months-6months, she slept through the night... I never did anything, she did. We cosleep, when my daughter was 2, she wanted to sleep in her room, in her big girl bed. She did on her own. She did that off and on, until we moved. Now she is pretty much in our bed, but she is looking forward to her new room *dh is building an additon* so I'm pretty sure she'll sleep in her room, when it's finished. She's 4.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Technically "sleeping through the night" is 5 hours, so by that my daughter was around 4-5 months old.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ASAP. Latest at 4-month. But by the time they are 6-month-old and you can give them normal food (puree, baby rice) they are ready to sleep through the whole night and they will have enough food in their tummy as well. I am not a co-sleeping fun. It is not good for the child and for the parents as well. Especially on a long run. But well, every parents should decide by themselves what to do. I really believe, a baby need their own bad and piece and quiet and not a mummy and daddy in the same bed who are exhausted and moving around in the bed. I've heard many slapped baby because unconscious mum or dad slapped them in their dreams. So what is the point? Yes, mummy or daddy doesn't have to get of from the bed... Yeah:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011