Baby Registry Question..

Baby number two is on the way, and it's a boy! Yay. Except we gave a lot of stuff to family members and friends having boys soon after our first son outgrew it. (a lot of it was second or third hand anyway.) I saved my favorite things, and I still have the stroller, the high chair, a carseat, and we've ordered a new crib. There are, however, still a lot of little things we need. I don't have any of the bottles I had, most of the clothing has been given away, etc. I don't know if anyone is going to throw us a baby shower this time around, since it's our second time around and it's another boy. Is it impolite to send out announcements regarding a registry? We don't have much money right now (due to Christmas, and our DS getting spoiled rotten..) so when the baby comes this spring, I'm not sure what we'll have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I dont think its rude....my aunt had 5 kids and sent out her regestry every time. People tend to send gifts if there isnt even a baby shower so I dont think it would be a problem....people will either get you something or they wont.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• This one can be tricky but also things have changed a lot over the years. The conventional thought where I'm from is one shower, for the first baby, and for subsequent babies family and friends give gifts after the birth. You know your family and friends better than we do. If you think they'd be open to getting a registry announcement, send one.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Every baby deserves a party. And even if you had 6 boys, everytime you need something, because some clothes are seasonal and babies dont always come in the same time of year. Go and register EVERYTHING you need, even if people dont buy off the registry it will give them a good idea on what you do need. Both me and my aunt in law are having 2nd girls and we are both doing registries
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Its a baby :) Of course you should get a baby shower! Doesnt matter how many you have!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I say go register and have a "Getting Ready For Baby Bar-B-Q"

Put where you are registered in the invitation.

I'm usually NOT for people throwing their own shower or asking for gifts because like it or not it's not the job of others to pay for your child but I think in your case hosting a cook out and putting your registry card in the invite might be appropriate.

EVERY baby deserves a party! I do NOT understand the whole "no shower for subsaquent babies" crap at all.

I mean WHAT DO YOU PUT IN THE BABY's BOOK IN THE SHOWER SECTION? "Sorry you came second and noone thought you were important for a shower"

DUMB DUMB DUMB!!
    Anonymous