• In the Spotlight:

I want to learn to make cakes?

Debora1CK

Asked by Debora1CK at 7:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• me to lol i me and my nephew make a cake and the middle caved in... lol he thought it was the greatest b/ he thought we made a donut cake :(   i can cook but i can not bake for my life!

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Do you mean baking cakes or decorating? Baking cakes is easy enough to learn. Just get a good basic baking cookbook that has the general types of cakes (yellow, white, pound, chocolate, angelfood, chiffon), and practice. If you mean decorating, there are lots of classes at places like Michael's Crafts stores, and cake decorating supply stores. Look them up on google.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I bought a book called " Creative Cakes anyone can make" and it says right on the cover " if you can write your name, yoou can decorate a cake" . But I'm also really into making and decorating my own cakes, so while I'm trying something new my close friends and family get lots of cake!! Good Luck
    Divagod

Answer by Divagod at 9:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Oh and that book is written by Jill Foster. It shows you everything from making the cake and frosting to making roses
    Divagod

Answer by Divagod at 9:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008