WHEN WOULD YOU CALL THE DR.

my 5 month old has had a runny nose for a 2 weeks now the dr. told me as long as there is no fever or cough shes fine. well shes had diarriah for a week on and off and is getting a cough... should i call the dr. there is no fever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never hurts to call and bug the doctor lol i do just about every week haha.
    DanielleStover1

Answer by DanielleStover1 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I would call the dr. Especially since she's had diareah for the past week on and off, there's a risk of dehydration. Better to call and be safe and to put your mind at ease.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• May be a milk allergy...or an allergy to a food she has recently been introduced to. Same thing with my daughters. They (twins) had to drink soy - still do at 17. Teething also causes runny nose and diarrhea. She's at the right age. Pedialite will help with dehydration. Nose draining in the throat can cause the cough - but still call the doc though to be sure.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'd call the doctor, a week is a long time for diarrhea since it dehydrates you. Good luck!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 7:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• diarrhea would be my only concern. Is it watery diahrrea or just soft stool? My doc said if there is any consistancy it's not diahrrea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• thanks everyone its just a virus and i shouldnt worry unless she gets a fever or starts to stop eating... from my dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• diarrhea is important to call the doctor with...she could get dehydrated very quickly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2008