Are you on or have you used Nutri Systems?

What was or is your experience?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 4:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My husband has been on it since last April.So far he has lost about 60 pounds(that is before the holidays).It is working for him in that everything is portion controled and he usually stays with it.There are some foods that he is getting tired of and some that he just doesn't like.He does have the option of calling and making changes to his next order.They do have a good support system though.The cost ------ well I think it is kind of high but at least it's not coming out of my account.I think a person could do the same just be measuring,weighing,and cutting way back on carbs,cut out sugar and white flour.We no longer fry any of our foods,and don't overcook our veggies.Lots of salad with fat free dressings.Can't think of anything else.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 8:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Never tried it
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Never tried it, wanted to. But I wondered actually how good the meals were! Good Luck if you try it!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I've had a couple of their meals and, quite honestly, they're not as good as the WW ones...although the WW ones are higher in sodium.

I also have an issue with paying so much for food. The convenience is a big bonus factor, however, with a little patience and education (and a few dozen compartmentalized containers), you could spend one weekend morning cooking and weighing your meals out, packing them up, and freezing them for the entire week and might pay 1/3 what you're paying for the "already pre-packaged" meals.

That's just me though =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011