MY 12YR.OLd.girl.. is getting out of controll with i think anger issue.. i've e-mailed her couns. to see what i need to do next..

up until this past yr. she had been great happy kid, then after she started her period. after awhile i notice she was more grouchy ( which thats common) but now all she is ,,,, drama, holoring, hateful. crying, saying hateful things... i do every thing i'm a single mom.. i'm here with her 24/7,, we;ve always went out together now shes not wanting to go withme all the time... and has NO respect for me at all.. this hurts me very bad.. i coach her b.b. team , do it all for her... its gotten so bad in the past 2 day she tells me she hates me and wish i would die!! please help me

DJJOJO

Asked by DJJOJO at 8:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Welcome to the teen years- as dreadful and painful as it has started I am just about promise you that it will get better. My daughter is going to be 15 and she was just about the same way until those hormones started working out a bit more (she certainly has her moments but don't we all?). You need to stand your ground with her, be consistant and let her know that it is not alright to be disrespectful. If it makes you feel any better I use to say things like that too to my Mom and now we are closer than ever- it does change over time and it will for you and your daughter too. Enjoy the peaceful moments with her (or without her) and try really hard to remember when she is being so hateful that is her hormones talking. Good luck Mama!
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My daughter started her period at the age of 10.5 years. I have been dreading this since the day I found out I was having a daughter . I have to agree with Candygirl everything will get better.
    Obviously , you know that it's PMS and the worst kind because it's so new to their bodies and their minds. My daughter is just like yours too . The worst episode was following Halloween and I know it's the candy . Every month it's bad but it was unbearable after Halloween . She had the sugar cravings and this huge trick or treat bag that was half full of candy. Her dad ( we are divorced ) let her eat all of her candy before the weekend was over ! It's the sugar ! That is the worst for PMS ! PMS is aggravated by sugar , lack of exercise and lack of sleep . Yeah, it's bad but it gets worse without checking on those factors.
    ann1962

Answer by ann1962 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I know most mom's hate the sound of this, but have you considered birth control or other form of period control. Maybe you should talk with her doctor and see what he/she says. If it is just because of her period something of that form would be all that she needs. Either way you need to talk to her doctor because it could be something worse and that is one of the best places to start. Good-luck!!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008