How can I get rid of a REALLY BAD cough?

I've been coughing like non-stop for the past two days. I've taken Robotussien, Tylenol cough and cold, cough drops, and cough suppressent. Nothing has helped. I don't have any insurance to go to the doctor. I'm really stuffed up as well. And my head feels like it's a big hot air balloon.
Anyone have any advice?
Thanks.

jahair89

Asked by jahair89 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• Grate equal amounts of fresh garlic and ginger (a few Tablespoons of each). Boil the down in some water and reduce it down until it is a syrupy consistency. Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate. When chilled, take a couple Tablespoons as needed. It doesn't have to be chilled first, but makes it taste better. I promise, it isn't that bad. I keep this in the fridge all the time. I give it to my DD and husband for cough, allergies, flu, sinus problems, sore throat, EVERYTHING! You can also add a little honey if you wish. Honey not only sweetens it, but also helps to coat the throat,
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hot tea with lemon and honey may help you feel better. Try sniffing up warm salt water and spitting it out and gargling with warm salt water, or try an epipot, those come with packets of pre-measured salt/baking soda, but for almost free you can put about a quarter to a half teaspoon of non-iodized salt in a cup of warm warm and sniff that up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• honey a spoon full every 2 hours
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 11:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2008