What does this crazy situation sound like to you?

My mothers friend Ellen and her son...is about 20, got his girlfriend pregnant....he wont hold a job, neither will she....neither have a high school diploma...

They were living with the mom Ellen and her husband...but when girlfriend was about 4 months pregnant young boy and girl met a couple in their early 40's in Walmart!!!! They made friends with them and decided to move in with this strange couple...who have two boys of their own about age 7 or so....

My mothers friend Ellen was devastated...tried to talk them out of it....tried to make them see.....they could not! My mothers friend is well off....was trying to buy them a home and baby supplies...they refused all and wanted to live with Walmart couple!

Anyways...girl had baby a few days ago...refused to let mom Ellen in but for 5 min.....Walmart lady was in there holding girls hand and kissing her up and down her arm and on her face!!!!!!!!!! Boy was there too.....no one thought this was strange behavior except Ellen....

Girl seems infactuated by Walmart lady and hates anyone else who comes near.....

Girl NEVER EVER went to any Dr's appointments and now someone has called DHR....NOT Ellen...but they think it was her.....So she is pushing her even more away....

Is this not a super strange situation!!!?????

I am worried they are trying to take their baby girl away somehow...either by force or that they are selling her or giving her to the walmart couple.....

I even thought maybe they have some sort of strange sexual relationship going on between the 4 of them.....

What do you think:?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Has Ellen been to a lawyer?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No.....she may be trying to....the Walmart lady kissing up the arm and neck was the last weird straw....signaled to Ellen that something wasnt right AT ALL!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• VERY Odd! Almost like brainwashing/ cult-like behavior. If the baby gets taken, maybe they'll let it stay w/ G-ma. I hope the new parents wise up soon.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i think it is very weird.....i watched a movie similar to this situation on lifetime. all i can hope for is that the girl comes to her right mind and realizes that she needs to be with her family and not strangers
    redmisses

Answer by redmisses at 5:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I say they are all adults and there isnt anything Ellen can do about it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Almost like brainwashing/ cult-like behavior

Yes, sounds like a movie or something...keeps getting stranger every time my mom talks to Ellen. I dont know the girl, but from what Ellen says she sounds like she hasnt got a brain cell in her head. Boyfriend just goes along with what she says to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• very odd indeed@!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have heard of pregnant girls being approached in public places and asked if she wanted to give up her baby. It is weird and scary. If the girl and her bf moved in with these people for the purpose of giving them the baby it wouldn't be so weird if the adoptive mom has created a bond with the birth mom. They may have made family stay away to aleviate stress due to their decision. Ellen would probably not have been supportive of this choice and they knew it. But no matter what their dicision is, it is theirs to make right or wrong only time will tell. Being aggressive and bossy at this point will only widen the gap that is separating Ellen and her daughter. Show some compassion and support for the girl, whatever decision she makes she will need people like that around her.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• odd and very scary situation. I think Ellen should look into getting custody of the baby.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011