Should I tell?

My stepmom & half -sis are famous for keeping things from my dad. Now I found out my 19 y/o sis & her bf- who my dad hates- for good reason (& stepmom pretends to) are "shacking up" with full "permission" & knowledge of the stepmom. I'm tempted to tell my dad, but then I feel like he doesnt need the stress & will figure it out eventually. But if he knows I knew & didn't tell him- then what?! Agh- Ignorance is bliss sometimes!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Would granma appreciate having BF there while house is for sale? AND--- what will your dad think of you telling him or just steering clear of it all? I would base my answer on those two answers.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think you should tell him. If I were him, I would want to know.
    robinm75

Answer by robinm75 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i would say something then
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• She is 19 right? SHE IS AN ADULT. Stay out of her business. What is your dad going to do about it? If she's staying with her boyfriend just leave her alone and don't cause drama. If it's under his household I would say something
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Technically she does still live in their home- she's temp. staying at her G-ma's empty house while it's for sale.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yeah I would stay out of it because think of the fight you will start?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If I were in his shoes and you told me about this I would feel betrayed by my SO, I would also feel some anger that a house has been made available to them behind my back. The person telling me would not be my favorite person and everyone else involved is going to hate the person that spilled the beans. I think there would also be questions about how the teller felt about the step mom and step sister, that could cause a whole other type of war. I think if I were the teller I would take step mom for coffee and talk to her about how disrespectful they are being to your dad and it is only right that she inform him of the truth. However, she is not his daughter, and as long as she is paying her own way leave it alone.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would stay out of it. Regardless who's house she stays at, she is an adult & it's her vagina. She is the only person that has the right to say who can & can't enter her vag...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011