Whats the difference between...

an excuse and a reason?

and if you reject certain advice for a certain reason or have a unique situation, that doesn't make it an excuse, thats your honest reason (ie why would I apply for just any job if I'm not qualified to do it and know they wouldn't hire me? Thats a waste of everyone's time...not an excuse...a real reason) Thats an example.

and why do people judge so quickly and all knowingly without having any clue what your real life is like or knowing anything about you other than what little you put in your Question on here?

Esp when your posting in Anon, so they don't even have a profile to look at, they have no info, yet act like they know enough to cast a judgement.

Vent over, but really ticks me off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• try not to acknowledge them, I know its hard, they couldn't even tell you who they were and bullies and cowards deserve no attention in my opinion. Not much better than trolls.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• an excuse is usually a lie, a reason is the truth. at least that how it is with my kids LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think this is a great question it can apply to so many things in life. I agree with you about the anon answers that are so hateful and disrepectful. Some people just don't see anything but negative value in anything or anyone. Sometimes I just want to go off on some of their responses but it is a waste of my time and energy to acknowledge them at all. What ever they have to say is not worth getting upset over, they know nothing anyway.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• People, in general, myself included, have a thing or fear (which is not what I would call it on here) of the unknown. So when you post anon and ask a question that really doesn't make sense you tend to put up defenses, which is crazy I know. But it's human nature. I don't believe in judging anyone but their are a few moms on here that make one wonder if they have any common sense. This is a good question, you should have stated your name. As far as I'm concerned, everyone here is anon, I only know what you post, but I don't actually know you.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That's too bad that you feel that way! I say Eff'em and ignore their responses, I won't allow anyone to make me change a thing about me and if they post nasty outburst then it's them that look like a fool! Wait, they already do, they ALWAYS answer anon!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Making excuses is an attempt to put the responsibility far from yourself. A reason for doing something can be a motivation. Reasons are the 'why' something else happens.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• me too. Is it just that the person is offended that you seem to be rejecting the ideas put before you and have reasons for it? I can see why they might think I'm making excuses, but they really don't realize that some people really do have unique situations they aren't 100% in control of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• @sdj1953 and Kathy675...your both right and thank you. I agree totally. The only reason I posted Anon was so the person in question didn't feel the need to flame me again or in future posts/emails.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011