Could you be friends with your ex husband new wife?

I'm not friends with her but we are cordial to each other. It took a while to even get to that point due to the fact that she is the one that had an affair with my ex husband after she knew we were married and had kids. I don't understand how they actually have that type of relationship on "Reba" show but I know I could not go that far with it.

kim0167

Asked by kim0167 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• bow downIt takes a truly classy woman to do what you're doing. It's really best for the kids & they will admire you for taking the high road on this one.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Id like to think I could be, but unless I truly hated my Ex, which I doubt, then I'd probly be jealous thinking about how intimately well we knew each other and all the stuff we'd been thru and that someone else is part of them now instead of me. Silly. Thats just based on my still getting along with my DH.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Being civil is great when you an and it was a case of cheating/ other woman,... and you really should be civil, nice enough to her, she got your old junk, He cheated on you, he was the one that was suppose to be commited to you,, he most likely will do same to her later on,--she did you a favor by helpng him show his true colors, he was/is a waste of your time.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It can happen and it should happen more often. Now if she was the "other "woman" I can understand never wanting to be friends with her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If my son's father, who I was never married to, found someone, I would be able to be friends with her. He and I are friends and I know we're not getting back together, nor do I want to. As long as she was good to my son and can be mature, I'd be fine with it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think its possible. Now u dont have to be BFF but i think it says alot of u. I could imagine wanted to slap her but being a bigger person is best for the kids and urself .
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i think I'd be far too biter, immature, etc..... but I've never been in those shoes so it's hard to "guess". it takes someone proud and strong and very mature. I am just not sure that'd be me!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Not only can I, I am! In fact, she and I have talked about trying out for "The Amazing Race." We figure we'd get through just on the novelty of our team name alone--"the former wife, and the current wife." LOL. He has been married to her for over 20 years, about the same amount of time I've been married to my DH. Between the 4 of us, we have managed to raise my 2 children with my ex, and they are both now adults, married, with their own families. So, I guess we did a good job.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It's his fiance, not his wife yet, but I love her. She and my ex attended my second wedding and I will attend theirs. She is the sweetest woman and my entire family welcomes her into our lives.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I can't tolerate him let alone a new woman. He took off after 14 yrs of marriage, quit his job, didn't pay a thin dime in support and dropped off the face of the earth. Blessing...haven't seen him in like 12 yrs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011