i'm in the process of potty training..

really i just want to yell to the world it really has to be such a strugglebut it will be done.. how did you moms handle the stress of potty training?

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 5:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Potty training doesnt really have to be so stressfull . Sure sometimes like u said u wanna yell like really how hard is it right? Well for a baby it can be my daughter is almost 6 and i still have to ask and some times remind her to go potty. With my first it was harder she was 3 by the time she was potty trained. I made a chart with the days of the week and had stickers . Everytime she went pee she got one sticker if she pooped 2 stickers and she got to pick witch one and place it on the chart. And she was happy with that. Just taking ur child to the potty every 20 mins or so and if they drink 10 mins. dont force them or tell them they cant leave if they dont go. When they do go praise them ( good job ur did it or ur suck a good boy/girl) Dont make to big of a deal though cuz some kids will take advantage of it and know well if i wanna make my mama mad imma pee in my pants. U can also try putting ur child in training undies
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Not pull ups they are more like cloth diapers (they sell them at Target) so they can feel when they are wet cuz with diapers they arent even aware that they peed. And if its really that big of a stress for u and ur child maybe he/she isnt ready yet. And maybe try in another month or two. Good Luck
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I didn't stress over it. Keep telling yourself that they will not go to high school in diapers =) I asked my dd if she wanted to go pee in the potty like mom, sometimes she would, others she wouldn't. She was using the potty all the time, before she was 3. She still wears diapers at night, she's 4.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011