When did u stop diluting ur babies juice?

my dd is almost 11 months old and i give her an oz or 2 of juice diluted with water once a day! but my hubby on the other hand gave her a whole sippy cup of straight apple juice! she drank it but made some faces! he thinks she is ready for straight juice but i strongly disagree! what do u think?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol I havent and my oldest is8 I still do 1/2 and 1/2 with him...all that juice is not good for their teeth...and my 8 yr old has never had a cavity!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I asked my dds dr this ? when she was that age. He actually said that everyone of all ages should dillute their juice because of the high sugar content. My dd is 4 and I always dillute. If she has straight juice its no biggy but she actually doesnt like it. As long as I can get away with it im gonna keep doing it. Ive saved a ton of money on juice considering it lasts a lot longer when you cut it! Its your call mom! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ha ha i love Google! i just searched how many oz she should get for her age and it said between 2-4oz for age 6-12months! so ha ha to my hubby! thanks ladies for ur help! i agree with u i will try to dilute as long as i can! :-)
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• good for you for diluting....i refused to give my babies juice completely, to be honest....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• to fxmomto3- was totally against it as well but she was having trouble pooping so i was using a little apple juice to help her out! and now my hubby is all about juice and trying different kinds of juice!! so im letting him have his way i guess!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Orange juice----not the fake, sweet, orange flavored juice--- is very healthy for all kids and I never diluted it after about age 1.
    I didn't give my kids apple juice because that IS a sweet and not especially healthy drink at any age.
    OJ has vitamin C and Folic Acid---both essential to anyone's diet. ANd if you are worried about their teeth---just brush their teeth after breakfast. Doesn't everyone brush after meals????
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My kids are 10, 14 and 16 and we still dilute juice - even my juice - all that sugar isn't good for you.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I am not a fan of juice for any of my little ones. They are 20 months (twins) and 30 months old. We treat juice like a treat and it is served very diluted. Like 3 parts water to 1 part juice. I feel they need to "eat" their fruit, not drink it.... But I have done the battle with my hubby and the one time he gave straight juice to all 3 he got to clean up all the yucky diapers! Too much juice gives our babies tummy troubles.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011