What is good to use for a lip that has a small crack/tear?

With it being so cold, my lips have been getting very dry. My lip has been cracking a lot in the corner. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use to help it heal faster? Its very irritating.

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• Vaseline

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Burts Bees
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Carmex.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I use burts bees...but if it's cracked then you need neosporin...just a little in the corner and try not to stretch your mouth open and as soon as you drink or it gets wet, dry it and apply more neosporin...they now make a lip balm by neosporin. :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• vaseline always works great for me.i also heard a lil bit of honey helps but ive never tried it.
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I use Melaleuca Oil for mouth sores - it works great :) I also put Renew Lotion on my lips to keep them moisturized.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Neopsporin at bed time. Helps heal it right up. Then if you are still having problems use vit. E oil.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011