Fly with an infants?

I'm staying with my Mum and Mother-In-Law from March until after the babies are born. I was planning on flying back to Texas in mid-September when the babies are between 2 and 3 weeks. Is it safe to travel that early? My Mother-In-Law plans on traveling back with me and staying a few weeks, so i wouldn't be alone and she bought me a puppy :) so I won't be alone in Texas until my deployed husband returns. My question is, When is it too early to fly with my babies?

m.riley

Asked by m.riley at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Travel

• different airlines actually have some different policies, actually. for example
    Airline Infant Age Requirement or Restriction
    Delta Less than 7 days Physician travel approval letter
    Comair® Less than 12 days Physician travel approval letter
    Pinnacle® Less than 7 days Physician travel approval letter
    SkyWest® Less than 8 days Infant will not be allowed on board
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Its totally safe. Just keep a bottle on hand when you take off and land. Sucking on the bottle will relieve the pressure from the take off and desent (her dr told me this). My dd is 4 and has flown at least 10 times or more.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Days later as soon as the baby is born is dangerous. As long as the baby has had the major shots before boarding the plan no worries.I bumped into a mother when the baby was a week old on the plane before and she says her doctor said it was fine.
    cocoamom03

Answer by cocoamom03 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• safe
    kathy067j

Answer by kathy067j at 6:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I personally wouldn't fly with an infant until they've had their 2 month shots.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011