Kegel Exercises?

Hey everyone! Who has practiced these Kegal exercises and had very positive results with the easing of pain during labor?

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did not know doing Kegals could ease labor pains. I thought that was just good to do for better control of things. Personally, the best thing for easing labor pains is an epidural! -LOL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i did Kegals all throughout my first pregnancy and had been doing them for years before pregnancy...i dont think it helped any during labor other than i had a better idea of what muscles to use to push. but it did make a big difference in how fast i recovered. i had a minor tear and was cut but ive experienced no repercussions from it once the stitches disappeared.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i never heard kegels eased the pain. i had a painless labor and delivery but i attribute that to all the working out and heavy ab exercises i did while i was pregnant. i never did kegels. i was tight again after a month pp, no kegels
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i did kegals alot with my 1st preg and had to push 3 times. with my 2nd pregnancy i didn't do them often and pushed for over half an hour.... so i think it made a difference in that aspect but i wouldn't say it eased the pain
    brittyshea

Answer by brittyshea at 6:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think it might help with tearing? I ask the doctor, he was saying it mostly helps hold the baby in before labor.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011