15 month old NEVER full!!!!

My 15 month old dd is never full!!! She always signs to eat, screams until you put her in her highchair with food and seems to rarely be full and ready to get down. Is this a phase? Were any of your children like this? It scares me....she screams at you for more food. Anything is helpfull....thanks

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 5:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yep and now he is over 2! just make sure you are giving healthy snacks and yuo should be fine... usually about 21/2 mine have always slowed down...I have a 4 yr old and now she picks at food!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• veggies!!!!!!!!! you can eat an unlimited amount of veggies in a day so if she's hungry give her veggies
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Feed her
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• make sure what you are giving her is substantial...if you give her nothing but crackers for example, they are not very satisfying...try string cheese, sweet potatoes, plain greek yogurt (loaded with protein), veggies, fruits, etc...little ones need to need a lot! maybe a growth spurt too. My daughter is 27 months and if she doesn't eat healthy and substantial, she is hungry and grumpy often. She does best with a whole sweet potato ( i put a little butter and tons of cinnamon), lentils, string cheese, a veggie sausage link and some prunes. ( a typical dinner for her) for a snack before bedtime she will get a bowl of organic plain yogurt.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thanks everyone and thanks calliesmommie!!! I think thats my problem...not enough ideas and things to get her to eat. We are vegitarian but im not sure how to feed her some things like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and what not. Do you feed it raw or steamed? Do you prepare it ahead of time?
    Softwater

Comment by Softwater (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Let her eat to her fill (yeah, some kids REALLY let you know when they are hungry). I'm sure you know vegetarian meals can be very hearty and healthy. Try roasting things like cauliflower, carrots, beets and sweet potatoes (can toss with olive oil and a pinch of salt before roasting) - roasting brings out the yummy sweetness while making them soft. Melt cheese on steamed/roasted broccoli or cauliflower. Make mini "meatloafs" or patties with blackbeans and grains. Greek yogurt with pureed fruit (cherries, mangoes, peaches, etc.) is eaten daily in our house. If she's impatient for dinner, are you willing to let her have an appetizer? You can make sweet potato chips or sticks (just slice, toss with a bit of oil and roast) and keep it in the fridge, or slice up some fruit (thin long slices work best for my kid) and let her munch away while you're getting everything else ready.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• @Softwater....No problem!! We're actually not vegetarian...I was for years but eat chicken now. My daughter however, will not touch meat. ha! We love the Morningstar farms links and bacon...she loves it too!! Trader Joes sells lentils that are already cooked and cold...she eats them cold. I actually buy the veggies frozen (they say they are just as good and keep the nutrients longer than fresh). I buy chopped spinach, microwave it for 2 minutes in a bowl and melt a tiny bit of butter. She loves spinach. So most veggies I buy frozen. You can buy fresh and cook ahead of time, but i was finding out that I was throwing out more than I was feeding her. The sweet potatoes I just nuke also...a small one for about 3 mintues, then wrap it in foil right away to finish cooking for a couple minutes...mash it up out of the skin and put little butter and dump cinnamon on it. She inhales it. Let me know if you would like more suggestions! :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011