not a question .. just needed to VENT!!

Okay, so MY FIANCE'S MOTHER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! I know it's bad to say but I don't know how much more of her I can put up with. I'm pregnant and she try's to tell me some of the stupidest things in the world. Like when I found out I started using lotion to prevent stretch marks. She tried to tell me I didn't need to use it until I started getting big because my body would get immune to it and wouldn't work. Ok so how stupid is that ?? Then she told me that they would have to do a vaginal sonogram when I went because they couldn't do it any other way. Then it was I was going get fat and my hips would get wider and I would never be able to lose it. I've always been really small and self conscious about my weight anyway. I know I'm going to get bigger and yes I know my hips will get bigger but I'll be able to lose it .. hopefully! She just says shit like that to scare me. Why would you do that? I know I'm young and I know I don't know everything don't get me wrong, but does she really think I'm that stupid? Then the other day she tried to tell my mom that I told her I had my last period in Aug. Which I didn't and if anyone would know it would be my mom. She was telling my mom that I was lieing to her (my mom) about when my last period was. WHY THE HELL WOULD I LIE???? Then she told my mom that I needed to take my ass to the doctor. Yes I do but I haven't got to go because I'm still waiting on my insurance. It's not like I choose not to go. I even made a appointment with a hospital that SUCKS where you don't need insurance just until I can go to a good doctor. Then she told my fiance that I didn't care about our baby because I haven't went to a good doctor, and that I wasn't going to take care of my baby. It's not like I have a choose when my insurance hasn't went through and nobody will take me. Then she was talking to my sister in law saying she hoped it didn't have red hair like I do because it would be ugly! What kind of grandma would say something like that! That is just rude!! Then the worst thing of all which drew the line was she said people was going to call my baby a bastard because my fiance and I weren't married.Were not getting married until after the baby is here because I don't want to be pregnant in my wedding .. ya know! I see nothing wrong with that! Then today we were up there and we were all talking about what it was going to be, and she tried to tell me that I wouldn't find out for another 4 months. Hell in 4 months I'll only have 1 month left! I'm 16 weeks and 3 days. I'm not stupid I know that can tell about now or here soon! She just keeps saying stupid shit like that!!

Sorry it's so long I just had to get all of this off my chest before she drives me insane!! I know some of the stuff shouldn't really make me mad but I just cant help it when I know she;s just doing it to either piss me off or scare me!!
Oh & BTW I didn't know what category to put this under so I just put it under relationships (relationship with my MIL ... SUCKS) lol

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I know that this is not a question, but there is always someone on your signicant others family that gets on your nerves so bad that you want to yell at them. It happens to a lot of people, I think it does?!
    stacymphelps

Answer by stacymphelps at 5:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i think so too, and I try to deal with it but it's so hard!
    mommy2be0611

Comment by mommy2be0611 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I hope it helps to know we are listening an dI agree with you but you should try to not react as normal and freak her out by looking at her and simply smile when she says stupid stuff or chuckle and say very sweetly "oh, your so silly"..she wont know what to do, sh eeither will try harder to upset you before she gives up or she might freak ot enough to just stop, try it a few times, give her a totaly different response just to see if her stupid butt can figure out why. LOL.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• look at her and laugh she sounds crazy and like she has issues. GL Momma it will be okay because you know the truth.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Welcome to the world of mother in law (or to be mother in law) hell. It's a crappy place to be, but there's a lot of us here.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Hugs and vent away!!!! Yes sometimes mil's can be the worst to deal with! When mine gets on my nerves I just grit my teeth, smile and then ignore her (and vent it to someone). Can your fiancee speak to his mom and ask her to stop with the rude comments?

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Omgosh im so sorry that is really mean of her. Sounds like the movie Monster in Law. First they can usaly tell at 18weeks what sex the baby is. 16 wks have u had any prenatal care or did u just find out? Just make sure ur taking prenatal vitamins. I know ur just venting but if i were u i would sit ur finace down and tell him all the mean things shes saying to u like ur baby gonna be ugly if it had red hair . And u will lose the weight after my first child (just before my 18 bday) i wore size 11 pants where i was a size 5 before my own mother told me i wouldnt lose it (shes crazy and a hibitual liar, i still love her though lol) i now have had 2 childern i im a size 3 i weigh less after having kids, so she crazy and for strech mark thats a lie too lotion might help but it wont alwasy work if ur mom had them u will probaly get them regardless of how much lotion.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i feel so bad for you... you need to limit your time with her before you say something you will regret... but also try really hard to ignore her let it be known that her words don't affect you... she may or may not stop cause she may be one of those ppl who love to speak there mind even where it's not wanted... i'm sorry you have to go through this even while pregnant but put a stop to it now before the baby comes cause it could get worse.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thank you all so much!! You guys helped out a lot!
    And Mizlee i tried talking to him about it but hes a mommas boy lol and thinks im just talking crap about her. But he did say something when she said I didnt care about our baby!
    mommy2be0611

Comment by mommy2be0611 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• What does your fiance say? I'd definetly limit my time with her! My MIL drove me nuts too, so I relate, we no longer have a relationship. If I've learned anything because of her selfish rude behavior, it's going to be quite the opposite when my sons marry! I'll be so thankful they found someone to love them and I'll FINALLY have a daughter in law!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011