would the leapster game console be good for a 3 year old?

are the controls easy to use? games easy to understand for this age? My son has the vtech vsmile and he kinda understands the winnie the pooh window shape matching game but that's it.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 6:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my friend got one for her son only 2 and he loves it... you should so go for it... i'm going to do the same for my son.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• get one
    kathy067j

Answer by kathy067j at 6:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• it looks like something he'd like. I like how it resembles a gameboy. I dont think he'd understand the stylus though.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I just bought one for my 5 year old. As for 3 depends cuz my youngest is 3 and shes just learning how to play the computer , she plays her sister leapster and can sort of figure out but then gets bored or frustrated i think the box says 5-7 but hey if ur kids computer savy y not . i think its great
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes. My kids both played with Leapsters and sometimes still do. They're easy to use and educational.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My 4 year old will get be getting a Leapster Explorer for her birthday!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My son got a vtech for his 3rd birthday. He played with it one day, now it sits there and collects dust. He likes the Nintendo Wii.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My 5 and 6 year olds got the Explorer for Christmas. They LOVE it ! My 2, 3, & 3 year olds have no interest in it at all. I think the games are easy enough for him to do (your 3 year old I mean), so it is up to you on how much you think he will like it (maybe a big sibling has a handheld game or something), Since you have the V-smile console, you might want to consider a handheld option that works with the previous games (I believe I read that this is the first system that changes the game cartridge). Good Luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• See if you can try out one from a friend or at a place of buesiness. Like maybe Wal-Mart might have one that you can try with them before you invest the money? Maybe radio shack or Toys R Us might have one you can try?
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 2:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think it depends on your child and there hand eye abilities and interest in sitting down and doing something. My oldest daughter loved video games at 2. My youngest really had no interest until she was 5. She got the leapster at 4 but didnt really play it till she was 5. She is 8 now and has a DS and enjoys that.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011