• In the Spotlight:

2 year old has been waking up from naps cranky!

My 2 year old daughter just recently got off the binky and ever since she wakes up at nap time terribly cranky. She is getting a long enough nap and i always change her and offer her a drink and snack. Her crankiness lasts about 20-30 minutes. Anyone else experience this or have any advice?

MamaSPScott

Asked by MamaSPScott at 6:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 3 and has always been like this and never took the binky, lol. What I have to do is allow cuddle time when she gets up. I always have to sit and hold her for about 30 minutes when she gets up for the day or from a nap. After we do that she goes and plays and is fine. Good Luck!!
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My daughter is and always will be this way! lol Shes 4 now and has never like getting up from naps. she gets up on her own but is always miserable. But I am too so I cant blame her! lol I know its not from me by example because I dont nap anymore but I was never in a good mood after one. My dd is also not a morning person when I have to wake her up. She reminds me of a teenager sometimes! haha But what works for me after the nap is to hold her and cuddle like PP said
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• the only time i go through the crankiness is when my son goes to sleep in a bad mood... cause trust me they remember and for me always wake up the same way they went down... how is she doing without her binkie cause that could be the cause.. not saying give it back oh don't do that... but i may take a little time.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes, after we put the binkies away I regretted it imidiately but I held firm. It took her a few weeks to get used to falling asleep and staying asleep without it. But I agree, she wakes up cranky with her fingers in her mouth, as if thats what it takes to make her feel better...
    MamaSPScott

Comment by MamaSPScott (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011