Rape and pregnancy

Please dont be offended by my nosiness. I was just wondering if you or anyone else you know have had a baby by rape. Did you adopt or raise the babie(s)? I hear of so many women adopting out the baby for emotional reasons.And I totally understand. But ifyou didnt adopt what was it like to see your baby for the first time? And how do you think you'll explain where they came from? Ive always been curious so thanks in advance! Answer anon of course if you would like! =)

PS I know youll love your child NO MATTER what! Just wondering if it felt any diff than a planned or relationship driven child.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I haven't, but my aunt did. She was date raped when she was 16, and of course, her daughter looks just like her father. My aunt met my uncle when my cousin was a toddler, and adopted her once they got married. My cousin has always known how she got here, and her parents raised her the same as her two younger siblings. I'm not sure how my aunt feels/felt about raising a daughter that was the result of a rape. I commend anyone who can do it- I don't think I could.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My sister had a baby by rape. She gave the baby to her father to adopt not just because of the rape but she wasnt able to stay clean. She is clean now and sees n love her child . I also had a friend in highschool who was raped at 12 and had a baby becuase by the time she found out she was pregnant it was to late to termanated it. She was a great mother , and told people that she was single mother people dont usasly poke noses in questions like that anyways. It never happened to me but i think a child is a child. That baby is still 1/2 of u and is like all childern completely innocent and nothing to do with the stituaion.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• A friend of mine was raped at a party 17 yrs ago and became pg because of it. She's white and he was african american. She's catholic and doesn't believe in abortions and kept the baby. Katie is now 17, and the most beautiful girl you'll ever meet. She's waiting until she's 18 and then she is going to search for her father. Her mom isn't very happy, but trying to understand. She (Katie) wants to know her dads side of the family as well. She's very aware of the circumstances that brought her to this world.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Im sorry to hear that kingkongsmom. Is he ok now?
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thats great kingkongsmom! God Bless you both! Def an amazing story(reality really)
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• SO sorry I just deleted my answers, I rethought it and just didnt want it that public.
    I will simply say this:
    Yes, I had a baby from rape, intended to adopt baby out, A.Parents didnt want a sick baby sent home to die, I had no other choice I could deal with so I kept baby, raised him, he is grown healthy, strong, kind hearted, quick to forgive and ablessing ot know/LOVE, GOD brings a blessing out of every horrible ordeal when we allow him to do so.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 7:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I completely understand! That is VERY personal and Im glad that everything worked out for you. Thanks so much for sharing your life with me/us
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011