What are your kid' chores and how old are they?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine never had alot of chores, they had "jobs". Their job was to be kids, go to school, get good grades, and help out around the house when I asked them to. My 6 yr old helps pick up her toys, and fold laundry but mostly just because it makes her feel good to help mommy out. My 17 yr old takes out the trash when I ask him to, works, and keeps his grades up. My 10 yr old same as the 17 yr old, except obviously he doesnt work. He is however expected to play a sport instead of work.

Answer by gemgem at 6:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Everyone is to pick up after themselves, but as for chores...My 9 y/o is to vacuum the living room and his room and my 16 y/o has to dust the living room and vacuum the laundry room and one bathroom. I do the rest because I am a freak about how I like things cleaned and want it done MY way. I also make my 9y/o take the trash to the road.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• He's 2, and he puts stuff in the trash, picks up his toys, puts his dishes in the sink, "helps" wash and fold laundry, and other little tasks. He still enjoys helping, so we're trying to get it all ingrained now while he'll willingly do it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My dd is 4 and does exactly what musicpisces son does! She also feeds the cat and puts her clothes in her drawers. These are not considered chores but learning tools and Im grateful that so far shes enjoying it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011