Do you check your husband's phone? Do you check for strange numbers on the cell phone bill?

I don't and my friend thinks I am crazy, she says that is the only way to know what is going on and who he is talking to...

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope I dont. I dont have a reason to distrust him? I guess if he was showing signs of cheating then maybe? But my husband goes to and from work, is always home when he says he will be, and has given me no reason to start any drama by checking on him.

Answer by gemgem at 6:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Nope... never have because he's never given me the slightest reason not to trust him... been married 20 years.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Nope, he gives me no reason to. We trust each other completely.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, if his phone rings I let it go to voice mail. We don't get the bill, it's a company phone so I never see it. I don't have any reason not to trust my husband.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you have to check, you need to re-evaluate your marriage. One big element of marriage is trust, and if she can't trust her husband, or he's had weird numbers, they need to start counseling. I trust DH not to have weird numbers or conversations. We're very open and honest with each other. We both have exes we talk to here and there, and we don't hide any of it from each other. Honesty and trust are key to making a marriage work.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't anymore, but I used to. Only because I had a reason to, if he hadn't been acting strangely about it I wouldn't have felt the need to. Now that the problem is solved there is no reason to check it so I don't. I think as long as your SO is trustworthy and there is no reason to look, then respect their privacy.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Nope, if you have suspicions then you should discuss it with your husband (not you just generally) I trust my husband and its his phone not mine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Your friend has trust issues......No, I do not, but wouldn't hesitate to if I felt a need to...I'd also be honest with my husband about it, though, and let him know I had issues and why.....a person who does not behave in a trustworthy manner does not get my trust...that would be called being blind.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• NO and if I every have to start then there's a problem. I don't spy on my Husband or my kids. They don't give me a reason or make me feel like I need to. I don't do anything wrong, but I don't want someone snooping in my business, do you? I think you're doing right by not doing it. Men don't like hovering, mouthing women telling them what they can do and when they can, no more than we women do.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No but that's because I trust him. I think the one with the issue is your friend.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011