I need ebay tips!!

frustratedI am trying to get the "boys will be boys" cartridge on ebay. I don't know whether it's better to set my maximum bid ahead of time so someone doesn't beat me to it, or "snipe" in the last few seconds. Sniping has worked for me on some other ones, but the "boys will be boys cartridge is popular apparently. When I do the advance search, it sells for as little as $18.99 (though I only found one). I've seen them selling for around $26-$27. Problem is when I wait, someone beats me to my highest maximum bid. When I bid early, the price skyrockets!! I've bid like on 4 of these already!! ARGHHH!!!!

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 6:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• I would wait till 5 minutes or so and then set my max bid....maybe do it the last minute if you have to, but set it as your high bid so the others wont have time to outbid you before it ends. Good Luck!!
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't bid early - ever because it only raises the price higher. I will, however share my way of sniping with you, and maybe that will help. I open two tabs with the ebay item I am watching on both of them. One of them I put in my max bid and then hit submit. It will ask you to confirm your bid, but DON"T do it yet. Watch the other tab (or window, either is fine) and when it gets to 17 seconds (you may want to do it sooner, this is the right time for our internet connection) I hit submit on the other screen. This way I can watch the countdown and don't have to go through the double button clicking at the end of the auction. Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Ooohhhh...Scout is smart!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 6:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I know, huh? I'm gonna try opening the two tab thing...not that savvy and then let u guys know how it goes....(rubs hands together with hopeful glee :)
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Okay, what do you click on to open the second tab? I'm a bit clueless on this...
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• you rock Scout OMGosh, thank you, I never thought to do that..it'll take some of the hassle out of bidding. Thank you!!!

4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Well, you ladies certainly are welcome - just don't go bidding against me! LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• lol. do you use cricut cartridges? I won, btw...for $24.50. Woot!!
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thanks Scout Mom for the tip - I'll use it on shopgoodwill.com.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011