Would your husband have time to have an affair?

Between work and being at home, I don't think mine could find the time, even if he wanted to. I don't check up on him, but I usually know where he is or he is calling me to tell me why he is late. Same with me, I just would not have the time.

I always wondered how people had all this extra time to spend with someone else.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• no he wouldnt have time! & im like you i always know where he is and he always knows where i am. not that were controlling each other or anything we just always call each other and always tell each other where we are going!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• How do people find the extra time? EASY....THEY LIE!
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 6:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You'd be surprised.....lunch hours.....saying they are going to the store and then meeting that person at the store....phone calls in the car....email....leaving work early to meet someone for drinks....taking the kids somewhere together....people who don't have time, make time....if they are determined enough.....(and no, I've never had an affair, but know people who have)
    Anonymous

• Every person is capable of cheating if thats the pathway they choose.Any person who is determined to cheat will find a way and make it work until they get caught or the mate continues to ignore the facts.Women we have intution which is an awesome gift from God. Sometimes we can be over dramatic about issues between our spouses and assume he is cheating when all he maybe needs is some extra attention involving just the two of yall. If you notice change in your spouse give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him to tell you and encourage him to express his feelings the good and the bad to you.
    cocoamom03

Answer by cocoamom03 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I dunno. Probably. He's a SAHD, and I go to school. I take our son to playgroup, so DH is home alone during that time, and can count on me being gone for a couple of hours. We always joke that it's time to send the girlfriend home when I'm on my way home, but I really don't think I have anything to worry about, and neither does he.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No and he wouldn't either he works 13-15 hrs a day driving heavy equiptment at a diary...but even if he did work less he wouldn't cheat
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sure.. If he wanted to have one he would/could make or find the time.

How much someone works, how much time they spend at home..etc.. Really has no baring on the situation. If someone **wants** to cheat, they will find the time, the means, and a way to do so.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think anyone can find the time to cheat if it is in them to do so. But knowing your DH is loyal and faithful should put your mind at ease.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• He works an hour away. He frequently has overtime and it's not always pre-scheduled. He gets hour lunch breaks M-TH and and hour and 1/2 on Fridays.
    He could cheat on my all day every day if he wanted. Luckily I trust him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Logically, where there's a will, there's a way. Anyone can find time to have an affair...its not like it takes more than a few minutes to be sexually unfaithful. Then, there's the whole non-sexual, but very intimate 'emotional' affair.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011