What would be a nice gift to welcome a new neighbor?

mrsfarris

Asked by mrsfarris at 11:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• A welcome basket containing... 1. A card with the phone numbers of neighbors, local businesses that deliver and any business info of places you recommend highly.2. A plant is nice because often those have to be left behind on moves 3. A type of bread/cake that is served anytime of the day. (Blueberry loaf, banana bread, coffee cake)
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• If you're my neighbor - brownies lol We have a house being built next to us. I'd like to find out what their decor is and make a crossstitch handtowl set for the kitchen or bathroom to match.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I would say that a gift certificate to a local restarant! When you have no pots/pans or anything something fast can be great!
    Tayandstevenmom

Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 7:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I would stop by and introduce myself and welcome her/him to the neighborhood first and find out (through conversation) what they like or need. Then I would go out and get them that something, that way, it will definitely be something they want and will use.
    daisie

Answer by daisie at 8:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My fav...a beautiful vase with a Beta swimming with the floating peace plant! Everyone loves plants, the fish feeds off the plant and it all adds something special! If they have small children, I will fill a small gift bag with kiddie snacks.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• On moving day, I like to fill a crockpot full of something that most people like - chili, chicken and dumplings, pasta, etc and

I also send over a list of "who to call" in the area and a copy of the phone book (I usually get 2 or 3).

If there are children, I also include a list of teenagers in the area who I have found responsible enough to babysit my kids.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I find giving people fire exting. they will love it, it is different and it is a great safty tool.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 1:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2008