EPT Blue dye test

Any of you ladies get a false positive on one? I got a positive it's light but there (AF still isn't due til later this week) and hubby can even see it. This is my first time using them so I'm looking for opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• False positives are EXTREMELY rare BUT there has been a high rate of false positives on blue die tests with the + or - signs simply because they have a pretty apparent evap line.

Go to www.peeonastick.com to look at examples of this test and the issues with it.

You can also post your test to www.canyouseealine.com and invert it to see how clear the test is.

CAN YOU POST A PIC OF IT HERE SO WE CAN SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE?

That might help us determine if it's a positive or an evap line.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, I've never got a false positive, but got a faint line and then had an early miscarriage twice.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i posted the same answer on another question earlier. I got a faint line and I also made my fiance look just to make sure it was really there and I wasnt seeing things. Went to the doctor and I was. The doctor said the only way the test can come up positive even with a faint line is if it detects HCG and the only way for that to happen is if your pregnant. So Congrats :)
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I just wanted to say that I got a faint positive at 17 DPO and then a DARK positive at 20 DPO so just getting a faint line is NOT a bad thing.

I also got a FAINT line with my DD and later got a darker test.

Both were taken at 5 weeks pregnant. Both babies are fine.

I got a CLEARLY POSTIVE Blue Die test from the Dollar General with my son at 14 DPO.
    Anonymous

• http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

Check out this page. It talks all about + or - test and blue die test WITH PICTURES so you can see what it would look like if it was negative or positive.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011