Will wearing jeans cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's neck ?

Someone told me I didn't need to be wearing jeans because to would cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's neck. Is this the truth? I'm only 16 weeks and 3 days and barley showing. Should my baby be ok?

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• jeans wont make that happened. don't listen to stupid things like that.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You cannot possibly believe this.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That is crazy. Of course not!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That is crazy!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• thanks you guys. I knew it sounded stupid .. I was just making sure lol
    mommy2be0611

Comment by mommy2be0611 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yea, you don't have anything to worry about. That is the most ridiculous advice I've heard so far. I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I want to smack people all of the time with the stupid things they try to advise me on. Most all of which are old wives tales...annoying!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, but as cupcake gets bigger you will find that s/he will get angry with you about them. I had a pair of maternity jeans that didn't have a panel, and once I got past about 7 months if I wore those jeans he would get really agitated and kick at the waistband (and my bladder...and ribs...and anywhere else he could reach.)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That's impossible. Why ever said that needs to read up on things before they give you anymore advise. I worse only jeans with both my pregnancies and my kids are alive and well and never had the cord around their neck
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• As long as the pants fit comfortably then you have no reason not to wear them. It will not cause the cord to wrap around the neck. That is the first I ever heard of something like that. I have heard the "Don't reach above your head or the cord will wrap around his neck"
    I don't by into that other wise we would not have all these people walking around today.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• One of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011