Is it ok that I'm showing already at 11 wks?

I'm just about 11 wks pregnant, with my second.... and I swear I'm already showing (1 or 2 other ppl noticed as well and it was really embarrassing). I've already gained about 7lbs and when I look at the mirror sideways at myself I think I look about 5 months pregnant already.... Is this ok? normal? Am I doing something wrong? Should I try to incorperate more excersize into my week (my only excersize really consists of chasing after my nearly 2 yr old and climbing up 2 flights of stairs a few times a day). I try not to eat too much; however food is the only thing helping my nausea as well. Help? Opinions and advice are welcomed and needed.

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 6:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you're not showing...you're gaining weight
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• So is that bad?
    marchma2b

Comment by marchma2b (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, it's normal. The uterus doesn't start to rise above your pubic bone until about the 13th week. It's most likely just bloating.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My midwife says that because my lower ab muscle was separated due to my previous pregnancy that it is normal to show earlier with following pregnancys.... She by 11 wks the baby is only the size of a large strawberry; but the uterus is swollen to the size of a gratefruit.... so I guess it would make sense that if that muscle is not closed in (like before my first pregnancy) then it would appear to pop out sooner..... I guess I was just feeling a lil self-conscious and wanted to hear if anyone else experienced this as well
    marchma2b

Comment by marchma2b (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If this helps I was 7 weeks in mat. clothes. I did not even gain any weight. I am slim and just starting showing. You are fine and you can eat fruit ect. You need to eat and it helped me with being so sick. Congrats!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 8 weeks for me...TWINS!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 7:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I was nine weeks pregnant with my second and looked 3 months. It's normal and yes with subsequent pregnancies you can show earlier because of the muscles being stretched. It doesn't always happen with every woman. It is also said that you may also feel the baby move sooner then with your first. Congrats on the baby.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm only 9 weeks with my second and already showing. everyone keeps telling me its perfectly fine.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 8:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011