Eating meat

I was wondering what the meaning behind vegetarianism really is. Im not bashing just curious. If animals were put here to eat then why not eat them? Is it religion or just the fact that you dont like the taste? lol Just wondering! Im feeling in need of new education/input in 2011! TIA

ps..another poster asked vegetarian ?'s that lead me to this. Again not bashing

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't consider myself vegetarian, but I rarely eat meat. I won't eat pork or veal ever, and I try to stay away from beef because it's so high in fat and cholesterol. I like chicken enough, but I won't cook it because it's nasty. Really the only meat I buy is fish, occasionally.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I tried the no meat whenever I ran out. LOL It is not bad tasting. My roommate was a vegetarian. If it is offered, I don't mind the taste and so forth, it still makes a turd. LOL

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I believe it's a personal chose to eat or not just like anything else for likes and dislikes.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm not vegetarian, but I've never been overly fond of any meat. I'll eat it, and I eat more now than when I was younger, but I don't have a problem skipping it. Has nothing to do with religion, or anything like that, I am just picky about meat I guess! I don't force my kids to eat it either, if I make something that they aren't fond of I don't make them eat it. My chiropractor has something on facebook, she said "If meat tasted better I'd eat it!". Kind of my stance too - some of it just doesnt' taste that great, lol!
    Anonymous

• I raise my own beef and pork therefore i know what it has eaten and no hormones!I split the cost with my brother.We are fixing to butcher another steer.Best safest meat there is.I cannot do without a rib-eye steak in my life sorry.Vegans are fine with me it s just a matter of taste.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• who says animals were put here to eat??? lol
    I am a lacto vegetarian (sometimes referred to as a lactarian) I eat dairy products.
    Here are my main reasons: personal health, the environment, ethics.
    Here is a fabulous page that list the numerous reasons why living a vegetarian lifestyle is the way to go.
    I dont bash people because they eat meat---but many people are not aware of the benefits of NOT eating it. Not only beneficial to our overall health, but very beneficial to our environment as well.
    A very good question!! :)
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 12:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am vegetarian because I dont believe in eating another beings body, their flesh is no different than mine. Plus eating a dead body is gross.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• oh and here is the page :) I forgot to add it lol
    http://www.britishmeat.com/49.htm
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 12:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We eat a vegetarian diet because it is the healthiest way to eat. I don't view food like many do it is fuel for my body plain and simple. I don't live to eat I eat to live. So I give my body the best fuel I can each day. Meat is not good for the body and not necessary so we don't eat it. My son is almost 9 only been sick once in his life. I can't remember the last time my husband and I were ill it has been many years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011