What do you think of securing our borders from illegal encroachment?

This is not refering to only hispanic population, there are a lot of people from other places here illegally also.

sdj1953

Asked by sdj1953 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If the Fed would enforce the already established immigration laws, we wouldn't be having this conversation, instead Obama is suing Gov. Jan Brewer and the state of Arizona. This still makes no sense at all, how can he sue her because he refuses to enforce the law? Nothing "they" do makes any sense at all, who's side are "they" on?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My thoughts.

Not a bad idea. However, I think a more productive tactic would be for the immigration laws we already have in place be enforced. Start there and it can be see what aspects of the laws need more improvement, which one need to be gone all together, and what new things need to be added to current laws. A large part of the problem is present laws not being enforced.

Also. This would only address half of the problem. Almost 1/2 of the illegal immigrants in this country did not sneak across the border.. They are here on expired work, student and travel visas. This is another area that needs to be scrutinized and changes made.

The entire immigration system, and policing of that system is in dire need of change and reform. From the visa process to what to do with illegals.. I can not think of any simple solutions, and most that I see government offering are just band aids, not actual solutions to the overall problem
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think we should. If you want to be part of this country do it the legal way just like everyone has to do for every other country. If we entered another country illegal we would be in a lot more trouble then what happens when people enter the US illegally. This is why our population is getting out of control, we aren't controlling the boarders and every race keeps having anchor babies in order to remain here.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think illegals from any country should be escorted back home. I'm all for preventing the entry of illegals in the first place.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think that securing the boarder is an important task, and its not just from illegal immigration, but from drugs and other illegal activities (including terrorism).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think it should have been done a long ass time ago!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i am for for FOR border patrol being enforced. I don't see much bad to it. increases US jobs and likely eliminates illegals daily labor here which would ALSO increase US jobs..... all good things. I do think, though, that if they (illegals) wanna be here we should find a way to make it more accessible for them. It's so expensive to do legally... not cool/fair. But they should be required a min. amount of english. If an american goes elsewhere, they take classes, buy books, dictionary's, etc to learn phrases, terms, and conversational words
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Should have already been done a long ass time ago
    Mama07Shorty

Answer by Mama07Shorty at 7:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Well let's just say no other country in the world allows you in their country. If you want to become a mexican citizen you have to have at least $10,000 dollars in one of their banks. Other countries of course just kill you. They lower our education levels. Soak up free gov't money. (which we keep giving them all) Steal our jobs. Committ crimes and contribute nothing. Have you seen the documentary called Boarder Wars? There's some enlightenment! Build the walls
    gracioustouch

Answer by gracioustouch at 7:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I also think we need to streamline our immigration process, it's a bureaucratic mess nowadays.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011