On the go food?

My and my 3 year old go to a lot of free concerts and movies at the park. But we go right after I get off my babysitting job so we usually get fast food. I'm trying to give it up but I can't think of anything else. If we have time to stop at the store what could I get? Or is there anything that I could take it the morning that would be good all the way until the evening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• fast food = subway.

stop at a store you know has a deli and get 2 buns and a dollar worth of meat/cheese and 2 apples.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you are going to do subs, you can get them premade at the Walmart deli for a lot less than going to subway and you can pick up individual snack packs of carrots and ranch or apples and carmel or peanutbutter. Great alternatives.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I buy the small packs of presliced apples. I also by the Jif on the go packs. A pack of apples, a cup of peanut butter, some crackers and a piece of fruit works for us...and it is all grab and go foods.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I like fruit,get peaches,pineapple,applesauce ect.Also you can make minute sandwiches out of bread or crackers that will keep and use either pb and j or summer sausages,or even tuna.I like to make a dipping dinner of dips,and finger foods.Have fun!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Homemade popcorn is good for a snack. Carrot sticks, apples, clementines. Home roasted chickpeas are a great protein snack...
    If it has to be fast food...Chick-Fil-A :Kids meal tenders no sauce, with fruit cups and apple juice.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 11:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You can pack granola bars, yogurt, fruit for snacking but if you are looking for a more substancial dinner how about hummus and veggies, you can pack that in the morning and store in your frige at work, add some crackers and cheese cubes and a couple bottles of juice and water
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2011