gardeners: have you planted anything in your outside garden recently?

when will it bloom? or was everything done in autumn for springtime bloom? Or does that depend on the region and type of seed/bulb?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It does depend where you live and what you plant. I am in zone 5 and bulbs are usxually recommended to go in in the fall. Can be done in spring but ... I won't plant anything like flower wise till about may or so ( I have to wait for the last frost) but some veggies seeds can be planted before the last frost likke lettuce I think.
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• how do you know what zone you are in?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'll plant seeds for my marigolds in March or early April so they will be up and then stay up most of the summer. You can go on a map when your buying flowers and they can help you find what zone your in. I think I'm 5 or 6 in S.E Pa.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I do mainly garden cleanup this time of year - not much of cool weather crop gardener - but I go full force for a summer garden (flowers, veges).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Nada - my garden is under 2-4 feet of snow right now! I didn't plant any new fall bulbs either, but the ones I planted the last few years will all pop up over the spring.
    Anonymous

• This year our live christmas tree is plantable and we will be putting it in the ground at first thraw hopefully April.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011