how to cook a turkey that has

already been coooking for and hr and half at the wrong temp and want it done but 7:30. if possible. my mil said roast it but i don't hve button on m y stove for that just convect, bake , bake choice, broil, warm. the site i used wasn't accvurate or i read it wrong. but it clearly states the temp should be 185. please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Just up the temp and you should be fine. I'm not sure what timezone you're in or I'd be able to tell you about how high to make it - also what size is the bird and is it stuffed, or not?
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• it is tuffed and it's 13.7 pounds. i live in az.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• A turkey usually is cooked at a oven temperature of 350 degrees for at least 15-20 minutes per pound and depending upon whether it's stuffed or not. If you cook it at a temperature less than 350 degress it will take a great deal longer. To ensure that the turkey is cooked through no red juices should come out of it and there should be no red or pink on the inside when you cut into it, otherwise it isn't done yet.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree with MocahaMom...It will take forever to bake at 185...I always bake mine at 350 but I use a roasting bag as well so it takes a lot less time that way.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• we decided that we will just have the turkey tomorrow instead and just warm it up. won't be very good but oh well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 185 means that when the internal temp is 185 it's done - not roast it at 185. And roast isn't an oven setting, it's how you're cooking it - in a roaster pain in the oven, on the bake setting.
    Anonymous

• hope you remembered to remove the 2 inside packages too.Don't feel bad it happens to all of us!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011