Are flinstone gummies okay to take instead of prenatal vit.???

i am taking flinstone gummies and i am 13 weeks preg is this okay or do i need to take mt prenatals?

the gummies have folic acid 200mcg and i take two everyday

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 7:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My sister took flinstones vitamins cause the prenatals made her sick. Her doc. said that they were alright.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 7:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't know. I would ask the dr.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i would ask your doc, but make sure they have enough iron as well.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 7:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my doc had me take childrens vitamins cause i couldnt take prenatals
    Dreamflowerann

Answer by Dreamflowerann at 7:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I was told to take 2 of the flintstone chewables for the first few months until I was able to keep the regular prenatals down...I started the regular ones around 4 months when my morning sickness finally went away and even then had to take them right before I went to bed. But just to be sure you should talk to your OB.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You want to make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need - Melaleuca's Prenatal vitamins are the best - they are reasonable and will give you and your baby all the nutrients that you need.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yes.. i was taking 2 a day the ones with added iron.. if i even smelt a pre natal i was puking.. and i never had morning sickness.. it was just those pills that made me sick.. i tried about 10 kinds before i went to kids vitamins
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 8:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm the unpopular answer but I think there is some ingredient in them that isn't good. I forget what it is but read it and have the doc read the label.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i take Flintstones bc prenatal make me really sick my doctor told me it was ok though so just ask your doctor...
    MikaylaZ

Answer by MikaylaZ at 12:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2011