what are signs of liver failure?

Dreamflowerann

Asked by Dreamflowerann at 7:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• I definitely think that the color of your skin would be affected as your body stops cleaning itself.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 7:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• early signs: diahrea, nausea, loss of appetite, fatigue, jaundice. It depends on the cause. You can google liver failure symptoms for information. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• you will have alot of fluid in your abdomen, watery stools, pain in the abdomen, feel like crap all the time. those were the signs of having a fatty liver so i imagine liver failure would be similar but much worse. they were able to determine the cause pretty easily though through ultrasound and bloodwork.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• he already has watery stool and fatigue,weakness, fever and chills ,constant abdominal pain. he is heavy drinker case a night and wants to die he wont go to the doctor says he dosent want to know
    Dreamflowerann

Comment by Dreamflowerann (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• it sounds like at least he has a fatty liver. so he needs to go to the dr. asap, but then again it may be that you'll have to call an ambulance when he gets to that point. i guess if he says he wants to die then he will refuse medical treatment and get his wish eventually.....i'm sorry....there is still hope if it is only fatty, but if it is psoriasis then there's not really much you can do.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• A huge sign of liver failure is jaundice, or the yellowing of the skin. I watched my uncle go through this. It was absolutely horrible. His stomach also got really swollen. He looked pregnant. His was due to Hep C and his alcoholism. My mother also had this and she had the same symptoms. I am sorry for what you are going through. If it is early he may be able to receive a liver transplant. I know that more serious the condition and how good your insurance is the faster he could receive one. If he was to stop drinking, it could help dramatically.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 8:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011