Need help with crib safety for a newly mobile 6 month old

My 6 month old has just decided to become VERY mobile in her crib at night instead of sleeping. She is teething, which I don't think helps the sleeping. I have found her completely turned around in her crib trying to pull down and chew on the bumpers, she rolls everywhere and usually ends up on her stomach now ...just all over the place. She wears a sleep sack and I don't leave blankets in the crib....but should I take EVERYTHING out including the bumpers?

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take the bumpers out if you want something to help keep her from getting her arms and legs caught they sell mesh bumpers called breathable bumpers. Since she is so mobile I would probably get her some warm fleece footed jammies instead of the sleep sack so she doesnt get it all wrapped around on the bottom.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no, if you're worried about that you could get the mesh (breathable) bumpers. they work great with keeping their chubby legs and arms out from between the bars, but you can definately breathe through them. but if you don't have blankets, etc. in the crib what do you mean take everything out, including the bumpers? from the question i thought it sounded like only the baby was in there. i would just do the sleep sack, mesh bumpers and let her roll lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I use this thing called a Crib Shield- http://www.inventiveparent.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=SLEPCBSH
    It is the same as the breathable bumpers but it covers the entire side of the crib from top to bottom. It is awesome, the baby doesnt stick their arms and legs thru the sides. I found the best deal at Bed Bath and Beyond.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011