Baby swing/Bouncer/Jumperoo

What is the BEST to get. I have looked at Target.com and Babysrus.com and looked at the reviews. Just thought I would get some advice on here about these items.

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i was liking the bouncer seat till about a half hour ago. i put my 5 week old daughter in it, didn't realize my pant leg was under the front leg of it and i went to step back and flung her on the floor!!! shes fine, but shes not using right now!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• swing... then a saucer when they are a lil bigger, we started my boys in their saucer when they were around 4 months
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 8:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i love bouncy seats! we bought the pink one with the butterflies on it from babies r us! we didnt buy a swing! we got a jumper thing from target it was pink we bought it on line and it was one that u dont put in the door! but we really didnt use the jumper tho!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Had the Boppy brand bouncer, loved it. It was great for toting my little one in the bathroom when I wanted to shower, kitchen when I wanted to cook, outside when I wanted to get some fresh air, and so on. Swing was nice to have as well. It got baby to sleep when I needed to have my hands free. I prefer a swing that has an adapter to plug in instead of just batteries. Jump-a-roo I didn't get much use out of so I wouldn't make that purchase again. My friends swear by their Exersaucers though. I also liked having the Bumbo seat. It was nice for baths and bringing baby to sit with me no matter where I was (restaurants too!). For the bumbo though the baby will need to be like 3-4 months to start using that.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• used them all loved them all. lol I have the cradle swing wouldn't be with out it and I also have the jumparoo and wouldn't be without that either..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We had all 3 and I used the swing every single day for the first 9 months. In the first month the only way we could get DS to sleep is if he was in my arms or the swing, it saved my sanity-a woman has to shower sometime you know! If you cannot afford to buy all 3 I highly recommend looking on criagslist for used ones. Once DS was about 4 months he started using his jumperoo and he LOVED it, there were times he would bounce for almost an hour straight and then take a nice long nap!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Oh and I definitely recommend a swing that plugs in, ours did not and we really went through batteries!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think a Jumparoo is great for when they're older. It keeps them occupied without restricting them to a swing or bouncer. It allows them to excersise and gain muscle in their legs. Helping to create balance and other great skills they'll need later when trying to crawl/walk. My son LOVED his jumper.

I think a bouncer isn't needed. The baby can lay on the floor, in a basket, or something else of that nature. The bouncer really isn't neccisary I don't think.

A swing is a good buy, but isn't a neccessity. It's great for fussy babies, babies who prefer smaller spaces to sleep, etc. My daughter LOVED her swing and probably would still use it if I let her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We have all three. My daughter used the swing until she was about 4 months old, then she lost interest in it. She started using the jumperoo around the time she stopped using the swing, and it'll probably be used for at least a few more months. And the bouncy seat is still used on rare occasion.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011