Stinky sweater

I just washed out my Christmas sweater in Woolite. It took two days to dry and now it stinks. Can I wash it again and rinse with vinegar to get that musty smell out? How can I make it dry faster and not stink again? I was reading Martha Stewart's magazine and it says don't put it outside in the sunshine so what else can I do?

Asked by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hang it over a heating vent (or AC if you're in a warmer climate). The air blowing up into it will help it dry faster. You can also hang a dryer tab on the hanger inside the shirt, so the smells of the dryer tab will blow into the fabric. Where you're drying it matters greatly. If you're drying it in the bathroom and people took showers while it was in there then it won't dry properly or quickly. Make sure where you dry it has good air circulation and isn't a moist/damp area.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i roll mine in a towel to get most of the water out, then i lay it flat on one of those fold up clothes racks and put it over the air vent. when i lived in nj we had radiators and i put it in front of the radiator. always works well for me. idk about the smell....i would just wash it again
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Does your washer have a gentle cycle? I think it needs the agitation of the spin cycle to get most of the water out before you lay it to dry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011