I WAN TO SEND MYSELF INTO LABOR HOW CAN I DO THAT?

WHAT CAN I DO... I WANT TO HAVE THIS BABY!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You should only take doctors advice on this. It might be best to wait. Best wishes
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• umm, yeah what she said. There are some old wives tales on natural labor techniques but you should ALWAYS consult your Dr first before trying any of them, esp the herbal ones. Most won't work if your body is not ready to begin with. I know it's hard, try to wait, baby's cooking in there for a reason. A healthy baby is worth the struggle of the last few weeks. :)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• my sister in law is labor and delivery nurse. She deivered all 3 of my kids. I was induced with pitocin but to get things started, she had all kinds of methods. the one that wored for me was to lay on your left side and do 5 minutes of nipple stimulations. Use your fingers and roll- or have him do it- do one, then the other each for 5 minutes. you can then do bothtogethr but i was always contracting so much i never got to that point. SOmehow your nipples are connected to your uterus- this is why you cramp and contract when the baby first latches on to nurse - it works- good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• the only thing that i know that is safe is going for a walk or having sex. i dont think that it is a good idea to take anything to go into labor.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• How far along are you? IF you are at a safe place to give birth then go to your doctor and ask about the proper way to perform nipple stimulation. It's one of the few techniques that has a high success rate, but it should be done the proper way - some doctors will even do it for you if you ask them
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2008