Sketchers Tone Ups

Got some gift cards and thought I might try those Sketchers Tone Ups to SUPPLEMENT my exercise and eating healthy (for the new year of course). Anyone have any success or feel as if they contributed to shaping up? Don't want to waste my gift cards if they are a giant marketing gimmick. Thanks!

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know if I have lost any wieght, though I am more toned. But my main reason for buying them is to help my posture and walking( I have arthritis that affects my feet and knees and they seem to help)

And I think they are also comfortable

I'll bump you and hopefully someone else comments.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i agree with pp that they are very comfortable. they really do work very well in toning up the legs and butt. i am not really sure about the weight loss since i was doing other things that probably contributed to that (diet, exercise, etc.). i was really shocked at the change it made in my butt especially. i have had mine for a year, but the changes were noticable in a few months. i am going to get another pair (this pair is beat up really bad lol), and in the summer i'm going to get a pair of the sandals too!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I bought PayLess' version in June. You can feel a difference when you wear them. I like them. I read online somewhere that they are all hype. I guess it's up to you. If you want to buy them, then do it. Good luck.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I hate them. I'm still healing from damage they did to my foot and thigh muscle. I threw mine away. If you buy them make sure you do some serious stretching before using them. The doctor's visit and physical therapy to fix what they damaged cost me more than the stupid expensive shoes. They need to ban those things.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Saw ones just like them at Ross for $19.99!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have had mine for a year and a half now and i luv them! I agree they help your butt inner thighs and also posture. If you are not use to exercising i'm sure they would take some adjusting but if you even just walk every other day they are awesome!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have tone up boots and love them. I also have the shape up avia sneakers. I felt comfortable in them on the first day. I've actually had my sneakers on all day and am not having any knee or back pain like I get if I'm barefoot. I think my legs are definitely more toned.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have the flip flop ones and I love them. I wear them around the house.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I've heard good and bad about them....I'd like to try them for toning up a bit more (in conjunction with exercise)...so I'll be watching this post.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i got the shape ups, so far it's ok, but it feels weird to walk with them.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011