Would you/Have you ever put your daughter in a pageant?

I'm not from the US so I didn't even know what a pageant was until I started watching a reality type show recently about it but some of the things they do in it are so alien to me! It's mainly glitz pageants that I watch on this programme and they do things like spray tan and sort out their eyebrows and get them fake teeth and I just couldn't imagine doing it!

They look like mini adults. Just wondering if there are any pageant moms on here!

The natural pageants seem alright and each to their own on the others really! Providing the children are happy.

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 8:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would have never done this, I boosted my daughter's self esteem with my own kind of praise.....

Answer by older at 8:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Only if it's a natural pageant. Most throw make up and do crazy things with toddlers and make them look hell of a lot older then they should. I would love my children to do that stuff since they are both adorable but no way will they be wearing crap loads of make up and dressed up like 16 yr olds.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, once they are older they can do as they like. But as a toddler/young child I would not do it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i would put my daughter in a pageant .. BUT i would never do the stuff they do on that show they really do look like mini adults! they are all beautiful but i think its a bit to much for a little girl
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Well, I figure my daughter is just way too beautiful and no one else would ever win if I put her in a pag, so I stay away, for the good of all the children. KIDDING! No, it just seems foreign to me, and making the little girls looks so adult scares me.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes but I didn't dress her up like a small hooker in a crinoline. She only did it once and came in third plus won Miss Congeniality. The judges loved her but felt the others who were more experienced should win. That's fine. It was a nice experience for her.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you were watching Toddlers and Tiaras.  I put my daughters in and all natural pageant once as a fund raiser and it was so rigged.  I vowed never again.  As for T and T to each thier own but I feel its more for the moms than the kids. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Never, there is more to being girl then how you look and I feel putting them in pagents would just promote that. I'll raise my daughter from the inside out because beauty comes from inside and radiates on the outside.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yep that's the one I watch - I completely agree with you there. Some of the moms TERRIFY me.
    leah_rai

Comment by leah_rai (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• NOPE NEVER....those shows freak me out i have seen them a few times.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011