anyone have any special ways

to get down all their pills? i have to take prenatals, iron,calcium,folic acids, and nausea pills i have to eat chocolate when i take them but i chew all of them so does anyone have any special ways i can just swallow or any store bought prenatals i can take?(they gave me the huge brown ones sadly)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I had problem taking pills I would put them in yogurt and swallow. The yogurt helps it slide down easy. Maybe try taking them all at different times like a couple in the morning at breakfast and the rest at dinner.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• is there a special reason you have to take all those pills?? i mean usually prenatals are sufficient for folic acid....... but anyway, the prescription pre-natals always made me sick as a dog, so i took the otc ones and they were just fine. they are the size (actually a little bit smaller) than a regular vitamin. unless there was a really really specific reason you had to take the additional meds. (i can understand iron, but question the rest|), i would just do a regular prenatal and healthy diet. i couldn't take all those pills lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I had to ask my doctor for a prescription of gel capsule prenatal. They are easier for me to swallow. You can also try to put them in food like yogurt, ice cream or pudding if they are small enough for you to handle swallowing whole.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i honestly have no idea why they gave me the extra stuff, iv asked but my doc never said anything to me but im only taking the folic acids and iron right now since i cant keep the calcium and prenatals down even with the nausea pills
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i put enough water in my mouth so they can float around and then just hurry and swallow and they have went down really easy!! Good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011