If you break up right after Christmas do you return the gift?

I ask with any good replies.. Thank you in advance!! Say this 75 year old woman gets mad at her Boyfriend. He went to see his grown children. The new girl friend is invited but she declines. Due to the weather the boyfriend, age, 83 stays at his child's house as does the former wife. Nothing happened. New girlfriend is 75. Gets mad over this! Breaks up! Should she return his expensive gift!? He was so devoted. He'd get her the daily paper and have the crosswords puzzle enlarged so she could see it! He'd deliver to her, her every whim.. But being now without a boyfriend on New years makes her Needier? So what do you think? Love is blind! Should she return the gift? I guess no matter what.. Women get jealous and break up for silly notions? What do you think? Glad she's not in my family! I feel sorry for the jilted, innocent kind hearted boyfriend! Neither are related. But you hear of many stories during the holidays!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes she should since she broke up with him for something really dumb.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• A gift is a gift. She should not return it as it's not her fault she was put in the situation of her boyfriend having to spend the night with his ex. She has every right to feel uncomfortable about it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• she broke up. she should return the gift .
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No returning the gift, but sounds like she's a fool. She'll be the loser in the long run.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 8:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• cryingOh, I just want them to get back together and patch things up,,,

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Unfortunately a gift is a gift and no matter the story she is not obligated to return the gift.  It would be humane if she did, but doesn't sound like she is.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, she'll calm down and they will kiss and make up

Answer by admckenzie at 8:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• LOL! You can hold on to the gift until after the stress of the holidays dies down, just in case. I actually know someone that did this, they broke up and she took the gift back and got her money back today. !!! WAY TO GO!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If she chooses to give the gift back that shows tact, but since it was a gift she shouldn't be expected to return the gift. IMO
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• A gift is a gift.... if you are supposed to return them then I have a few ex's that owe me a lot lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011